Friday 7 March 2008

iPhone SDK

The many short comings of the iPhone as a mobile phone really grazed my balls. I was fuming when I couldn't do this n tht, stuff I've been accustomed to with a Nokia smartphone. Mind you, these stuff are common stuff and not rocket science. At the same time it was an ecstatic experience using the device.

With jailbreaking, activation and unlocking readily available, that gave me a toy. I'm a Linux enthusiast. I guess for us in the line, we understand that Linux enthusiast are used to having things the 'uneasy' way.

Admittedly I accustomed myself to the shortcomings and I'm a happy user(with the condition it's jailbroken)

Apple has announced and made available the iPhone SDK. There are tonnes of resources out there describing this. Check them out. A few links:
Live from Apple's iPhone SDK press conference
Poll: Are you buying an iPhone after today's announcements?
iPhone SDK - What you need to know
iPhone SDK RoadMap Event Summary

I'm excited, not only from the end user's point of view, but also at the whole iPhone movement. With the new features(beside the SDK), it looks to me like the iPhone will soon pave the way for how the next generation of smartphones will be.

Heck I don't even think it's a smartphone, it's beyond that. What does Nokia call their N series phones? I personally think it's beyond tht ;-).

*rolls sleeves* ... bring in the steam rollers!

2 comments:

Vilves said...

CehhhhhhhWaaaahhhhhhhhh u GOT IPHONE Huh ?

Jason said...

bling* bling* *_*