Sunday 23 March 2008

I'm a Jedi

Often you hear, are you on the dark side?

Dark side = Nikon
White side(what I aptly call The Jedi) = Canon

Why? If you notice, Canon's telephoto lenses are white. That's kinda self explanatory ain't it?

What I got myself today;

Canon EOS 40D (Body Only)


Tamron SP AF17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical [IF]


Now I gotta fast for the next 2 -3 months.

I first went with Konica Minolta Dynax 5D 2 years back. I love the camera, it is till today functioning very well!

I soon felt the gripe, accessories were a pain in the butt to get in Malaysia. Sure there were a few, and I had to hunt for it. Choices were terrible. Then Sony bought over Konica Minolta's photo imaging division. I thought it'll do good. Well it did, with Sony's muscles look at the progress.

So why change systems?

1. Take a look at the prices of Sony accessories for the DSLR. Ahem*
2. It's much easier to get stuff now, but still not to my expectations

I walked into many shops these few days hunting for the best bargains. The vast accessories readily available for Canon and Nikon DSLRs were so the damn welcoming! They were like yelling at me 'grab me! grab me!'

What's gonna happen to my Dynax 5D now? Hmmm..

Now let's go make some babies! Whoops.. I meant photos..

No comments: