Sunday 2 March 2008

iPhone 1.1.3

So what's new? Just upgraded the firmware to 1.1.3. All well and lovely.


What I love about 1.1.3?

Hey, I can now send sms to multiple recipients!!! (duh~) It's still missing the letter counter. These days I don't know how many short msgs I send per session. Oh Also, forwarding txt will be just as nice too..



GOOGLE MAPS! Triangulation! Who needs GPS? Ok ok, GPS is much more accurate of coz.. But hey, this is brilliant!


You can now easily drop a pin and save the location. Pretty much like missing common sense from the previous versions huh?


Oh Hybrid view is new too ;-)


I don't know what else is new with 1.1.3 but coming from 1.1.2 I can notice these few difference. Also, it could be my imagination, but the battery juice seems to last a lil' longer.

When I first got the iPhone (about a month) back, I was so tempted to write a full post bitching on the iPhone's short comings as a 'mobile phone' but hey I decided to instead wait and see what the new firmwares bring.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have idea how to transfer the photos from iPhone to PC?

Jason said...

Janice, u hv one too :-) !

On windows XP, when u plug in ur iPhone (assuming u hv fotos in "Camera Roll") it'll automatically be detected by XP.

Thus all you have to do is to open explorer and together with your other drives, you'll see "Apple iPhone". In this drive you'll c the fotos u've taken residing in 'Camera Roll'.

It's not exactly the sweetest (as compared to synching) but hey, at least it's there :-).

Anonymous said...

Oh...no wonder, I connected to Windows Server 2003 and can't see it. I'll try on XP tonight :)
Thanks!