Thursday 10 April 2008

Chicken Rice Ball @ Malacca

In Malaysia, when we speak of chicken rice ball, we'd immediately know or somehow related it to
Malacca. More people know it originated from Malacca as compared to people actually tried it. Couldn't remember the last time I tried it, so it was the first meal we had upon arrival.

Hmm.. Jonker Dessert was next, I seem to have my posts jumbled up..

The queue.. under the hot sun.. the less than impressive shade..


Does he look serious or what? :-)


We're finally in, ordered and waiting for our food!


Rice made into balls.. tasty rice..


Hainan style chicken..


To be real honest? I didn't find the chicken that nice. We've better ones in KL. The rice balls are nice tho~.. They're not plain rice balls. It's flavored. Somehow my taste buds tell me that chicken broth had a hand in it.

I went back the next day to take a shot of what the shop looks like..


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have a good tour guide, this is the best shop :)
Ya I'm vegetarian now, but I've been eating this every year when I go back for CNY :p
One more thing you didn't try, satay celup!

Jason said...

muh tour guide said I went to the wrong shop. further down the street (Jonker Street) there's a nicely renovated shop that sells this as well. Apparently the chicken there is better.

Next time I'll get it right!

Waaaooo vegetarian, part of Yoga that you're practicing?

Anonymous said...

Part of animal rights :p
You don't like Yoda to be eaten right? Hehe...

Jason said...

oh yoda, he'll make a good suckling pig!