Sunday 6 April 2008

Baba House

Baba House in Malacca is a no frills boutique hotel. For the price I paid, RM95 nett with 2 breakfast, I'd call it one heck of a deal!

It's located right behind the street where Jonker Walk is. Very convenient if you're in Malacca for the weekend and wish to pay Jonker Walk a visit.

2.196561, 102.244821 rough coordinates from Google maps. The hotel's along Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock while Jonker walk's on Jalan Hang Jebat.

Main doors.


My first panorama attempt with the 40D.


Right opposite the front desk.


The back of Baba House looks modern and this is where we park our cars. Looks like it was built and joint to the front portion eh?


Guest lounge, the Peranakan way!


These windows remind me of the chinese movies/drama where the prostitutes wave and call out with their ever melodious voices trying to lure business. Alas, there was no such thing..


Rise n' shine! Still no lady waving..


There are a number of hotels along Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock, while I can't vouch for Baba House, I would say I had pleasant one night stay.

2 comments:

jordanang said...

RM95, breakfast for "TWO"?!
i wonder why would you need two breakfast if you are alone...
so who's the other breakfast for?

Jason said...

mmm I don't recall saying I was alone? ;-)