Sunday 29 April 2007

My origins

Whilst we're tied up with our busy schedule, whilst we're trying to build our nest, whilst we're adapting.. we often loose ourselves.. do we loose our origins when we move on to another place?


I was born and bred in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. I left KK at the young age of 17 to pursue my studies. I'm 28 now. 11 years I've been in Kuala Lumpur. It has been 3 years since I paid KK a visit. Up till a few mins ago I was stricken by memories of KK, my hometown. They came flooding back, family, school days, friends, girls, the mischievous activities I got up to, the scrumptious food, everything. Like a pile of bricks came tumbling down on me. Gawd dammit it must be the gloomy weather!

I then downloaded Google Earth and started to make my way from the town.. back home..

Boy, even when you know the place well, it ain't exactly the same viewing it from the top!

The house I grew up in, the very place I started crawling till the time adulthood grabbed my innocense. Hey I now know the latitude and longtitude ;-)



Where I waited for the bus, the gravel path we took seemed to have broaden haha! Boy I had to walk that far to get to the bus stop? Amazing when you're left with few choices. Don't think I'd walk that distance now.



Good ol' KK, an option for retirement.. back to your roots, some say..

No comments: