Sunday 29 April 2007

How I was greeted this morning

It was at the break of dawn.. I was taking a ciggie.. just before work started.. when 2 birds.. landed abt 3 meters from me.. both the same species.. one of em' bald!!! For crying out loud, the whole head until neck was grey, featherless!!!

We commonly see these birds here in Malaysia, they're about 5 - 7 inches tall, yellow beak, yellow patches on each side of the "eyes", chirps a lot in the mornings. I failed to find a foto online, alas I didn't know the name to search for.

Nature's wonders..

Updates (2007-05-12). With Tiban's comment I was able to find the foto. Thx dude!

Now Imagine it being bald till the neck hehe ;-)

2 comments:

Tiban said...

Dude,
It's Common Myna (Acridotheres tristis). The bald one has been there for almost 3 years now!

Jason said...

Cool, thx dude! Now I got a foto to attach. 3 years? Ahhh guess the xtra curricular activity we do at work exposes us to the same things ;-)