Tuesday 24 April 2007

Canon Powershot a640

Vilves got her new camera from the previous PC fair at a very good price I must say. She was soooo nice to let me hv my paws on it. I was like a lil' kid playing with a new toy, just tht this time it ain't mine at all.

Since getting my 1st dSLR, photography has some what changed, instead or looking at "canggih-ness" of a camera, I tend to look at the quality it spits out. For consumer cameras, we'd need to be fair when looking at one.

Canon a640, is it a consumer or prosumer camera? It has full manual control and of coz the presets as well. Video recording and Macros! It's rather compact, something that can fit nicely into a handbag(regular sized). It uses AA size batteries! What does this mean? The batteries won't go outdated! There's no problem looking for batteries while on the road and hey hey.. u'r not a slave in relying on Canon for the batteries ;-).

I dived into the camera and started playing with Macro mode. A feature which I so miss. And the LCD, oh so sweet, everything u did, everything u adjusted, ohh it was live display!

Ah hah~ There was this fly struggling for dear life. Yes there's a fly in the office. Well instead of saving it (like I would do so) I decided to place it's last minutes on earth into digital format.

100% crop at 1024x768 - Resized to 400x300



Ok enuf talk about the camera, Canon ain't paying me for a writeup.

No comments: