Monday 25 December 2006

Fireworks with KM Dynax 5D

Well a fren called yesterday enquiring "How's Sony's A100?". For those who are not aware, it's Sony's 1st DSLR. In a nutshell, Konica Minolta (KM) sold it's photo imaging division to Sony somewhere 1st quarter of this year. Was like bout a mth after I got my KM Dynax 5D. I was like wtf?! But then again KM had always sucked in marketing. So with Sony's muscles, the legions of Minolta die-hard fans now have hope.

Sony acquired certain technology from KM when it acquired the mentioned division.

So me n mua fren spoke briefly ovr the phone... This morning she got a Canon EOS 400D. I've got nothing against it. Nikon, Canon, Pentak, Fuji, Sony they all make fantastic entry level DSLRs. I naturally asked, why? Tho she had always been eyeing the EOS, she mentioned tht the sales dude said Sony's shutter speed was slow, thus taking fireworks shots will be "cannot".

I was like wtf was he talking about?! Here are some shots I took with me KM5D, essentially the base of Sony's A100.





Essentially it's technique. Time you are willing to spend to learn how ur camera works.

Oh yeh he also said the Canon's 50mm f1.4 lense is selling for RM200 plus while Sony's if gg for above RM2000. Anyone wanna clarify this? I cudn't even b bothered...

No comments: