Monday 6 August 2007

Schemester Database Modeling Tool

I was hunting for a free Oracle database modeling tool. You know, the type that does it automagically without much effort on my side. Well that's what technology's for ain't it? To make us lazy! w00t I like the idea!

I first found Squirrel Sql which can connect to a whole host of databases so long as it's JDBC compliant. Cool, it also has a data modeler included.

But I have Oracle's SQL Developer, CWD4ALL offers a plugin but hey I gotta pay for it. Not nice. So the search continued.

Schemester
, if you're looking for a Oracle database modeling tool(freeware) and nothing else, this nails it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I want to use Schemester but don't know how to setup a database connection.
Please can you explain it? Write to lvangaal at wxs dot nl.
Thanks in advance.

Leo