Wednesday 16 April 2008

STADT German Cuisine and Bistro

I love German beer. From Bavarian Bierhaus I found Solace (through a recommendation) and this adds to my list. STADT German Cuisine and Bistro. This ain't no fancy place, it's more like a no frills restaurant. From this no frills setup we get German beer and food at a better price!!!

A sneak preview of the price..

3 lucky selections from the food menu..
Pork Knuckle w Glazed Honey RM38
Pork Chop 300g RM19.90
Combo Mixed Sausages RM39.90

3 lucky selections from the bier menu!
Konig Ludwig .5 RM24
Hoegaarden .33 RM16
Leffe Blond .33 RM15

The main entrance looks pretty darn welcoming..


If you choose to sit outside and eat some dirt from the air ;-) ..


Told ya it's a no frills restaurant..


Hoegaarden was the choice for the evening..


Simple menu (many pages meaning a variety of choices!)..


Mushroom soup.. pretty darn rich!


Pork loin.. slurppp~ I tell ya.. the sauce was GOOD and the meat, perhaps it's the loin that made it tender..


Spaghetti bolognese.. Notice something not too common? Take a good look at the hefty amount of minced beef!


Combo Mixed Sausages at only RM39.90.. IIRC it has a variety of six sausages.. Beat that!


Apple strudel, OK I must admit I was surprised to see apple strudel shaped this way. It may be German style but nevertheless, pretty good..


I've not been to a German serving place more affordable than this place. The food's great and the vast selection makes it even better. Did I forget to mention the beer? Oh they have Paulaner Original, Paulaner Dunkel, Franziskaner Hefe Weiss, Konig Ludwig, Hoegaarden, Stella Artois, Leffe Blond, Leffe Brune, Becks, Warsteiner, Budweiser!!! Lost in the selections yet?

OK ok where's the place?
3.215984,101.64289
Pay the place a visit, although it may be a little far for some.. It'll definitely be worthy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I accidentally come across this german restaurant called STADT GERMAN CUISINE & BISTRO located @ Kepong in your blog and I have tried the foods there. The price is really cheap, variety of menu to choose for our likings and taste is excellent. The ambience is cozy and relaxed for a comfortable dining experience after a stressed out day/week in enjoying good foods and a couple of german beers. The other day my family ordered and tasted its Pork Knuckle, Pork Chop, Penne Pasta, Mushroom Soup, Garlic Breads, Hawaii-5-0 Fruity Smoothie, Choco-Cabana, Paulaner Beer and other drinks. We were there on a Saturday nite which was pretty crowded. Luckily we managed to find a table for my family. We love the foods as they are tasty and well presented. We walloped all the foods clean and we will be there again early next month with more members of my big family. For those who are curious, please go and try. You will not regret your experience. Remember that you are tasting german food with local price and nice environment.

Jason said...

hey Lim,

I couldn't agree more! May your next visit be filled with FOOD n FooD & F00D!

tIcKLeMe said...

wow, that's actually cheap.

i'm allergic to beer but hoegaarden is awesome. and sausage combo.

the price is really reasonable too. i'll check it out when i can. :)

Jason said...

ok I'll tickle u..

gooChi~gooChi~goOOooOo :-D

allergic to beer? aww tht's such a waste!

Unknown said...

one sunday , we go te german stadt restaurant near my home. so I read the advertise of stadt restaurant, so I choose, and go with my family. The taste is very good and price is alite expensive,also paid service charge,very house full and service is not bad, one of the waiter recommanded german beer, so I trying , very nice beer,all of the waiter and waitress are not bad service. One of the waiter with wearing the white nice shoe is more good service than all, I see always smiling and greeting of his face.so i very please to choose,