Thursday 10 January 2008

Bunnik - Utrecht _ Part 1

I had only 1 weekend in Netherlands, I intended to make full use of it. How could I not visit Amsterdam? So that took me a day, as you've seen in my previous posts. How about Sunday?

Ton invited a few Malaysians to go for a hike. Ok I must admit I'm not near physically fit, well hiking wasn't on top of the list.

But then again what really matters where ever you go or what ever you do, it could be the most monotonous things, but when the company's good.. well everything else's good!

Ton warned "It's gonna be wet and muddy. Wear a good pair of shoes."
Jason thought "Hmmm.. well I got me Timberlands.."

The route..


Ok I'm not from a cave, but this is the first time I laid eyes on brussels sprout..


Some hut some where, I think we were still in Bunnik..


Again, me first time seeing willows. Well, bald ones ;-)..


Beautiful.. beautiful..


Now, Ton's words were coming through.. MUD!


Me gr8 company! From the left: Juliana, Kok Boon, Ton..


ooOOoOOoOooo don't you wish u were here ;-)...


Take a sharp left.. and find a pot of gold!


After don't know how many hours of strolling and enjoying the cold and rain. Oh yeh, it was raining, thus the lack of fotos. I so regretted I wasn't prepared for the rain. Could've gotten a hood fer me cam. The amount of fotos I had to miss, that kinda sin is never forgivable!

Our second stop at a diner.. Time to get some food and warmth..

My love affair with Ms. Leffe started here.. I owe it to Ton.. Belgian, sweet, strong, ooOOoOooo I tell ya!

I'm having her right now.. mmMMmmm..

Readily available at some hypermarkets.. I got mine for RM11.50 for a 33cl bottle.


Ton generously going through the items in the menu..


Did you wonder why KB's partially wet? Well he's a hero I tell ya! The truth will be revealed!


7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Leffe is my FAVOURITE too! Woohoo!

Adeline said...

I like your pictures. All the pictures you took are so nice :)

Jason said...

Hey Cheryl,

Oh u into Leffe? Oh u noty fler.. 6.6% alcohol? U like em' strong eh? :-D

Howdy Adeline,

Thx!

Cheryl said...

Didn't notice it was 6.6%! Haha, blur as usual, even without alcohol :P

Vilves said...

Wow.. it was real good photo's outta there !!

Anonymous said...

First time here. :P

Are you there for studying that's why you joined the hiking trip? Or you purposely went there just for hiking ?

Between those pictures are very nice.

Jason said...

Hey Keeyit,

Always a first time for everything ;-). Thanks for the compliments.

I was there for work :-)