Tuesday 4 September 2007

MIFC Finals

Malaysia International Fireworks Competition Finals.

Traffic was a horrible mess. I was directed out of the underground car park even when I had purchased the parking ticket, thinking it was filled. Took me near 30 mins. rounding, with no help from the cops or attendants, everyone was saying "parking sana" while pointing somewhere-out-there. In the end I was pissed and drove back into the underground car park, guess what? This time I went in without any fuss! To my surprise.. there were plenty vacant spots! With cars triple parking everywhere it was a total mess!

I missed a lot of shots, albeit I've never been that close to fireworks and there were 2 irritating lampposts in the way!

We were there somewhere 7:45p.m and entered PICC somewhere around 8:20p.m, was drizzling rather heavily, but we decided to get umbrellas, some chairs and plant our fury asses at a better spot. The main spots were all filled by this time. More than 1 1/2 hours in the drizzle, waiting for something to start, this is definitely the 1st for me.. It was this time when I looked up where the people with more expensive tickets were at, highest floor of PICC, totally uncrowded, with food, sigh~ remind me to spend a lil' more next time.

10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1~ all the hassle was worth it..

The display was nothing less than magnificent! Shucks I don't even know how else to describe the sheer joy and awe as these balls of flames burst in mid air!

Funfair from PICC ground level.
















The bridge where it all started and ended..



We were hanging around for a good hour hoping to traffic to clear a lil'.


Traffic was pretty good until a few kms before the Puchong Selatan toll.


Pretty neat curve huh..


Australia was announced the winner.. It was a waste I missed the display by OZ.. now there's something missing.. darn..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed it :(

Jason said...

awww.. no worries, u've got fotos to look at :-)