Monday 9 March 2009

Ayam Panggang Kenyalang

It was a lil more than a couple of months back when I read this article in the papers. I seldom believe newspaper/magazine writeups on food, just too many bad experience. But I decided to give this a go.

So one fine day off we went to hunt for the place.. it was indeed a hunt.. many wrong turns.. asking the locals didn't help that much..

We ended up calling Awang himself when we were just about to give up..

What I can recall is to locate the "Church of Visitation"(on your left). Follow the road until you reach a junction with a "Fire Station"(on your left). Take a left at this traffic lights equipped junction. Head towards "Ampangan". From there you would see a signboard saying "Pantai" to your left. Take the left turn and I presume you're on "Jalan Pantai" as the article mentioned. However I didn't see any road signs saying that was indeed Jalan Pantai. Soon you'll see a "Petronas gas station" on your left. Awang's stall is on the right of the gas station.

No coordinates this time mates.. At the time of this writing, I can't quite locate this place on google maps.

It's easy to miss Awang's stall, as I did so too causing me a couple of U-turns before calling Awang.

A visual of the stall.. the almighty AYAM PANGGANG KENYALANG!


As you look on into the stall, to the left..



Succulent birds waiting for u..


An option to be served with rice.. Don't forget the soup..



As the article mentions.. the sauce is the magic.. for this I'm willing to make a trip to Seremban!

No comments: