Sunday 1 June 2008

Canon 40D Weatherproof?

The weather wasn't too pleasant during my recent visit to Kek Lok Si Temple in Penang. It started to rain when we parked our car. All I had was my 40D mounted with a 24-15mm f/4.0 L IS USM, no bag.

So I carried an umbrella protecting myself and the camera during the short walk to the temple. Once within the temple's vicinity, darn it was hard to shoot with an umbrella and worrying as not all parts of the temple is covered. So how now brown cow?

Well I know L lenses are protected from the elements, how about the camera body? There's quite a lot of talk on the validity of the Canon 40D with some claims of it being weatherproof. So I decided to take a chance.. Passed the umbrella along and off I was in the heavy drizzle with the camera strapped around my shoulder.. Talk about taking chances huh..

At the end of our visit, back in the car, I noticed the camera was rather wet.. thus this foto..


p/s The camera's just fine ;-) ... phew~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better get a waterproof protection gadget... how is your 5D?

Jason said...

very wise words! Think it's time I got a pack n leave it in me bag. U mean the Dynax 5D? Well it's sitting there..

Anonymous said...

Btw, lens still available for 5D or 7D in the market?

Jason said...

oh if u'r looking for 'minolta' badged lens, then the 2nd hand market's perhaps the only place you can find some. Of course you could opt to try Sony's range, a lot of them are mere re badged with some sweet Carl Zeiss variations :-D