Wednesday 9 May 2007

Open source movement

I luv the spirit of the open source movement. Could you find a negative thing to say about it's spirit? We contribute freely. The thousands of contributors form a wide pool of knowledge. Knowledge even some big organizations fail to grasp.

I've been kinda in the movement since RedHat 5 days, somewhere end of 1998. Time does fly. Back then I had to order "Doctor Linux" from the states as locally we had no resources for Linux. None at all.

Zope was the very first open source web framework I used, professionally for 5 years.

Linux is in my blood. RedHat, Debian, Ubuntu, Slackware, Suse..

Unix is envious of Linux. FreeBSD, OpenBSD..

Unix is grinning at Linux @ work. AIX, Solaris, HP-UX..

Some links I keep in handy
Malaysia's Open Source Competency Center
Free and Open Source Software Society Malaysia
Malaysian Free and Open Source Group
Open Source
Free Software Foundation
Open Source Software

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool...Linux rocks, Siew, :D

Jason said...

Siew kor? Should b, can smell the open source spirit in the post haha!