Monday 13 October 2008

zoom ze speedlite

There are so many cool stuff u could do with ya speedlite. If you have one and use it primarily with ETTL and on ya camera, then it's a waste. So I read somewhere. Which in turn struck a cord.

Just yesterday I ordered a Phottix wireless flash trigger with 2 receivers from ebay, let's hope they arrive in working condition. Yeh I wanna try strobist. I've been facinated with light since I got my speedlite, but further dwelling in it would cost me significantly. While I'm a mere hobbyist, I try to limit my spending. So Phottix is a much much much cheaper alternative to Canon's OC-E3 off-camera shoe cord or Canon's ST-E2 flash transmitter or Poket Wizard's transceivers. Let's give the cheaper, arguebly less versatile(or not) China made Phottix a whopping chance and see where it brings me. I may end up with a couple of Poket Wizards if the strobist rocket launches.

Speedlite, M, 1/128, 105mm.
33mm, 1/30 sec at f/4.0, ISO200

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phottix is cool. Have one too, :D

Jason said...

COOL! I read some complaints on the distance and some relatively easy modz to extend the range. Have you tried the mod? :-D

btw where did u get ya Phottix from?