Thursday 31 July 2008

National Geographic NG 2475 Medium Shoulder Bag Part I

Often we have a tonne of questions when scouting for a camera bag to suit our desires.. I didn't find mine all answered.. but got one anyway, a chance I took. National Geographic sure could do a better job at their website to properly describe their bags with ample examples. Some other reputable brands are excellent at this where u even could choose the more common gear u would wanna carry and recommendations will follow, all automated! NG, if you're reading, go go go do something about it!

I'll attempt to write here what and how I feel of the bag.. I'm no reviewer or anything like tht, so I'll be speaking like a dude on the street..

First off, let's show off the National Geographic NG 2475 Medium Shoulder Bag..


I find the buckle here pretty nifty.. a loop truh a buckle, fasten onto a button.. is that called a button? err.. watever..


Outer pockets have long Velcro , expandable..


Open up! Huh?! Is this a hippo's mouth? Wat the heck?


Inner pockets.. thoughtful..


So I pried open the hippo's mouth.. First I was dazzled what'll happen to the now-looks-like-a-flapping-tongue if I didn't wanna have it zipped. Oh we can roll it n there's another piece to hold the rolled up tongue in place.. hey look, there's a boxy looking thing in there..


Open up n say ahhhhhhhhhhh~


Ladies and gentlemen.. the NG 2475 wide open all ready for loading..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also considering this NG 2475 with other shoulder bag like Lowepro Nova 5 AW and Kata DC-445. Any opinion?

How many lens can the NG 2475 fits?

Can put in two bodies?

Jason said...

I can't comment on the other bags, I got this simply because of it's looks and it fitting my functional requirements :-).

Lens? well it'll depend on what lenses u'r talking about ya?

You see the middle 'box' which hold the camera? That piece can be moved to the left n right, so if u'd move it to the far left for e.g., then there'd b more space for anything else.

If I use it as it is, one side I'll put me flash, the other, can fit a 70-200 (don't have it yet tho).

What camera are u using m8?

Anonymous said...

I wonder can it fit KM 7D with battery grip plus a Sigma 28-105mm and a Minolta 70-210mm f4 Beercan.

Jason said...

konicar minoltar!! w00t! now tht brings back memories!

those 2 lenses can fit on each side comfortable.. but the 7D with grip.. tht i'm not sure it it can fit into the 'box'. 40D without the grip fits just nicely. Doubt it'll fit with a grip. I guess the 7D is about the size of a 40D (without grip)?

eh eh time to show off the beer can shots wei!