Saturday 24 May 2008

Shell KSC 20080523 at Uniten

Personally I ain't active in any sort of sports since I left high school. Today I 'kepoh' and joined me fellow Foxproians (We are divided into 4 teams, Foxpro is the one painted in orange) at Uniten for the running and long jump event. I bet you guessed my presence. Armed with the 40D I submitted myself to 3 hours of voluntary torture under the hot sun.

This is Leng Chye, star of the opening ceremony..


My first time trying to shoot sports and I was way boggled on what settings I should use, etc. Good thing that there were quite a few rounds so I had ample chances to practice. I finally learned and understand more how the AF modes work, Single Shot, AI Focus, AI Servo. Learning these of course meant a lot of missed fotos, unusable fotos and frustration haha!

None of the panning I attempted came out to my liking. I tried n I tried..



What's most beautiful in sports, imho is the team spirit. The cheers! The Hurrays!


And of course the victory hug..


Babe attack! Watch out..


Altho it was freaking hot, I had a good time taking fotos.. watching the contestants ruuuUUUuuun.. the supporters screaming.. also trying to discourage the competitor.. it's the whole package!

2 comments:

Bryan said...

Foxpro go go go!

Jason said...

Bryan, I know you so miss all of us..