Wednesday 21 March 2007

Accessing your Nokia S60 from your desktop

Have you ever wished that u were able to remotely control your mobile phone from your PC/laptop? Literally controlling, I mean it's like your using your mobile phone from your machine!

This was sparked by my interest to use my phone's camera as a webcam, tht was like abt 2 yrs ago. Back then I was searching high and low to no avail. A couple of days back tht itch returned for no apparent reasons. An old itch never dies I suppose ;-)

Remote S60 Pro. is a software which will enable u to access your phone from ya machine. It's like magic!

Of coz u need a phone tht runs the Symbian OS.



U've got a few options to connect, Bluetooth / IrDA / Cable. Of coz cable gives u best performance. I hate cables so I opted for Bluetooth, the speed is reasonable ;-). Configuring this thingie to work with BT was a 2 night challenge haha. Nearly giving up, it finally worked!



That's my phone's theme.



Navigating anywhere in the phone's similar to the phone's user interface itself. Cool huh~ Of coz typing an sms is then a breeze!

I'll write abt turning this into a webcam in the nx posting.

No comments: