Sunday 7 September 2008

Lanter Display at Taman Muda

I caught this piece of info. from last Friday's paper. It was a quarter of a page write up. Buses arranged every half an hour, etc. So hey let's have a look!

40KMs drive.. in the slight rain (it had been raining almost the whole a'noon).. had lovely fried hokkien mee.. had a good time trying to find the park, there were a few parks around Taman Muda's market.. ya wonderful directions given from the article ;-)

It was still drizzling when I arrived.. bummer, drove all the way, die die I'd have to at least take a look.. armed with me umbrella.. I made my way into a semi-flooded park.. patches were covered with plastic for 'easier' maneuver..

Messy.. very messy.. but tht's the weather.. aha! There it is..

O_o .. a shack.. with lanterns cramped like sardines..


Pretty neat.. food covers.. reused!


This is one hell of a messy one, I can't even make out what it is from this foto, but it's water world with 2 seahorses in the center.. gotta give it to the creator for the effort..


Another complicated one.. some kinda gourd..


This fler's a dragon with some kinda mechanism moving it.. made of metal, it was making a hell lot of noise..


Lights look like bees? Egg carts used to make up a bee's hive? A insect eating plant to complete nature?


I think I'm old school... I like this so much more..


Hey it's our twin towers!


Someone got a brilliant idea how to recycle these take away boxes..


We did get silver in the Olympics didn't we?


There was a stage setup with emcees.. weird.. coz they seemed to be talking.. but I couldn't hear anything even tho I was merely 20m away..

People with umbrellas everywhere.. puddles of water everywhere.. mud.. oh I spotted portable toilets.. a plus at least..

I really wonder how it would've been if it hadn't rained.. only if..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A' Famosa also got similar lantern display/competition. Those people are really creative!