Sunday 10 August 2008

MIFC is back!

w00t! MIFC is back again! Because of this I had to expedite my plans to get a sturdy tripod. As what is preached all over, get a good one, use it for life.

Made my purchase again from Shashinki, since 1st of August Shashinki introduced a new points system where you'd earn some points with every purchase. These points of course could be converted to cash and used with ya next purchase.

I was contemplating if I should go for the smaller carbon fiber 190XPROB at double the price or get the 6 footer 055XPROB which only had the aluminum version. So I figured it wouldn't harm to carry a lil more weight and have a 6 footer.

Package arrived as promised..




There's a comprehensive user review here.

Boy.. I tell ya.. both tripod and ballhead together makes it one heavy setup! Somewhere around 3.4KGs. Not exactly heavy if you'd lift it up for short periods of time. But let's think of a hiking trip ;-). So... if you don't mind forking out the extra moolah, carbon fiber's definitely the way to go peeps.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much is the Manfrotto? Too pricey for a beginner like me, :(

U going on 12 Aug 2008?

Jason said...

beginner tht uses a KM7D? by the way I still love my KM5D ;-) I for one am a hobbyist.. so beginner oso lor..

The tripod cost me RM890. Guess we could get it cheaper in SG or even in the states.

But as u wud've read every where.. get one tripod, last a life time, don't stinge on the 1st purchase ya? So I did exactly that.

Jason said...

oh yeh tomorrow I'll b there at 9pm ;-) at the lake.. c ya there buddy!

Anonymous said...

Agree with you. Buy a good one and can use it for long long time...

Anonymous said...

what's the diff between 488RC2 and 488RC4?

Jason said...

RC0 RC2 RC4 refer to the tripod quick release plate that's attached to the camera :-). So the plates are different.