Wednesday 3 January 2007

Night shift..

Aight, here I am at this a.m in the day. While most ppl are sound asleep dreaming a lil dream, snoring a lil snore, drooling a lil drool I'm wide awake all ready for the call of duty!

Ok ok perhaps I'm not exactly wide awake.. who caught me there? When I took the job I was thinking all will be fine, having a rota tht changes every 2 days was gonna be fine yada yada~ the distance (45KMs 1 way) wouldn't be a problem. The cost to get to work was calculated in detail. Everything seemed ok.

Ya wanna know wat's the worse part? It's the distance from home to work, work to home.. tht's the killer.. especially for days like this after a night shift, I can barely keep my eyes opened on my way back home..

Now tht the toll prices just increased(started 1st Jan), dun help it either. From RM1.00 it went up to RM1.60. Tht's a 60% gawd damn hike!!! Oh yah and I gotta pass 3 of em on the way to work and another 3 on the way back home. Take a count on tht. Simply ridiculous!!!

Wat on earth am I paying income tax for?! This is day light robbery, one allowed by the authorities. Honestly,

  1. why is it our obligation to pay income tax? Ya so we need to contribute for the growth of the country yada~ yada~.
  2. We pay house assessment to the town council to clean the shit up which they so seldom do well. Overgrown 'lalang', lousy road surface, etc..
  3. We pay our water bill for muddy water to be supplied to our taps.
  4. We pay for streamyx(broadband) whose service often suffers disruption be it total down time or unsatisfactory speeds.
  5. We pay road tax to drive into pot holes.
  6. We need to pay a small fee(for each transaction) shall we use the ATM machines supplied from a certain bank more than a stated amount of times. To think tht we are doing the bank a favor by using the machine thus not cluttering up their counters.
  7. We need to deposit RM15 for a touch-n-go card. For fux?
  8. Dun wanna get stuck at the tolls? Get a SmartTag tht'll cost u RM100 if u reload ur touch-n-go card with another RM100. Oh yeh to top the hefty toll prices.
Think I'll stop there at no.8 the apparent lucky number for the Chinese.

Shucks how did I allow me good self to get side tracked tht far?!

Back to what I wanted to say:

To avoid the hefty toll prices and the inevitable fuel price hike, my only choice will b to rent a plc nearer to Cyberjaya, for instance Puchong. I won't be saving any $ but I'll b saving traveling time and a tonne load of sanity.

4 comments:

ni said...

haha. wat's the average travelling time to work & home?

ni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason said...

well averagely it takes me 45 mins, tht's during off-peak hours!

ni said...

haiyo, but dun u get off and to work during off-peak hours? 45 mins not that bad ler. u sure u want to go back to renting a place? sienz!